Chocolate chip banana bread

While I am a big fan of banana bread, the primary reason I decided to make this recipe is that I'd forgotten I'd bought some bananas and they had gotten a bit overripe. Fortunately, being a bit too old to be eaten raw made them perfect for baking. This recipe, which I love, comes from simplyrecipes.com. Appropriately, it is a very simple recipe. I added some chocolate chips and you could just as easily add chopped nuts if you wanted. The bread turned out gooey and delicious. It wasn't one of my more challenging entries, but still one that I was very happy with.

Ingredients:
3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar (can easily reduce to 3/4 cup)
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
Chocolate chips (However many you feel like)

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl.
3. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour next, mix. Mix in the chocolate chips last.
4. Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve. (I have a slightly wider bread pan, so I only cooked it for about 45 minutes instead of an hour.)

The Results:

Comments

  1. That looks so good. I love banana bread now that I learned how to make it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream icing and dark chocolate ganache glaze

Chicken breasts stuffed with goat cheese and sun-dried tomatoes

Chicken Pot Pie