Mediterranean Tortellini Salad

A week or two ago I started craving tortellini salad, so I decided to make my own Mediterranean version. The salad is my own combination and the dressing comes from allrecipes.com. I'm very happy with how this turned out, but most of the credit should go to Danielle M. who posted the dressing on allrecipes. It was an absolutely perfect Greek dressing. It was delicious and simple to make. This is definitely something I'll be making again. The one mistake I made was that I stored the dressing in my fridge, when the recipe calls for it to be stored at room temperature. After a couple days the the oil and herbs clotted and got gross, which was a waste of very good dressing.

Ingredients
For the salad:
20 ounce package of cheese tortellini
One pint grape tomatoes
One red bell pepper
One yellow bell pepper
8 ounce can sliced mushrooms
1/4 red onion sliced thin
3 ounces crumbled feta cheese
For the dressing:
1/2 cup olive oil
1 1/4 teaspoons garlic powder
1 1/4 teaspoons dried oregano
1 1/4 teaspoons dried basil
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
2/3 cup red wine vinegar

To make the dressing mix together the olive oil, garlic powder, oregano, basil, pepper, salt, onion powder, and Dijon-style mustard. Pour in the vinegar, and mix vigorously until well blended.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream icing and dark chocolate ganache glaze

Chicken breasts stuffed with goat cheese and sun-dried tomatoes

Chicken Pot Pie