Dark chocolate fruit

This week's recipe is very simple and easy, but it's still delicious. For a recent dinner party I decided to make some dark chocolate covered fruit for dessert. There's not much too this recipe, but it was a big hit.

Start out by preparing whatever fruit you want to use. I decided to go with strawberries, raspberries, pineapple and banana.


I used the same chocolate ganache recipe for this as I did for the chocolate cake I made a couple of weeks ago, but in a slightly reduced quantity. Simply bring 2/3 of a cup of heavy cream to a boil and pour it over 6 ounces of chopped dark chocolate. 


After that, simply dip the fruit in the chocolate and lay it down on parchment paper to cool. Use what ever method works best for you to do this. I used skewers to coat the banana and raspberries and just dunked the strawberries and pineapple by hand. You could also serve the fruit and warm chocolate as fondue if you wanted. I chose to chill it, just to cut down and the mess and because I like the presentation.


Once the chocolate has sufficiently cooled and hardened, use a spatula to remove them from the parchment paper. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream icing and dark chocolate ganache glaze

Chicken breasts stuffed with goat cheese and sun-dried tomatoes

Chicken Pot Pie